Mamta Banerjee-CM West Bengal has formulated a strategy to combat the lack of school teachers problem.
- Class 5 shall be brought under primary level to restore balance between teachers and students at elementary level.
- Fresh from college Graduates will be recruited as interns for two years to teach in primary and secondary schools facing dearth of teachers.
- There interns will be posted in the interior pockets of Sunderbans, Jhargram and Dooars where the crises is more acute.
- The proposal to pay Rs 2000 to every intern at primary level and Rs 2500 at secondary level has been sent to senior government officials to explore implement ability.
- Satisfactory performance of the intern could also result in regular recruitment.
- More para teachers will also be recruited.