Following are the new rules for transportation of school children announced by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah.
- Operators authorised by the Sharjah Roads and Transport Authority only can undertake school transport activities
- Under their direct supervision the educational institutes can provide transport services or engage operators who specialise in same and is in accordance with the specified rules and regulations
- Permit for buses for school transport and bus drivers will be issued by the Sharjah RTA.
- RTA will set the conditions and controls for bus traffic on the road
- No new commercial license for the operator for school transport activity or addition of extra activity to the existing commercial licence can be done without the NOC from the RTA
Source: Khaleej Times