It’s essential to select the right software for your school system. Your software will be the cornerstone for your operations, from monitoring and managing student data to interact with parents and professors to reducing day-to-day tasks for employees.
Look for these five must-have features in your school administration software package to spend more time concentrating on kids and less time behind a desk:
- Online registration and payment card processing make it easier for students to register for classes and activities. You can save time and money by removing instructors from the money collecting process with online registration. While making it easier than ever for parents and kids to register for camps, sports events, school festivities, and more. Online registration modules securely handle, track, and report the flow of money as it enters the school. It enable parents and kids to create online accounts to see, track, and update personal information, eliminating the need to call the school with queries about amounts due.
- With student finance accounting software, you can streamline and automate your accountancy and reporting procedures. Choose a school management software provider that keeps track of all revenue, expenditures, transfers, and changes for all student activity accounts. Your student fund accounting module will protect the collecting, usage, and reporting of internal funds from receipts to reports, all while reducing time spent on redundant data input, preventing lost receipts or accounting fraud, eliminating overdrawn accounts, and enhancing bank reconciliations.
- A sophisticated book tracking module allows you to manage, track, and distribute student and teacher textbooks from a single location. With one nice school management software, you can collect textbook debts, manage sales and purchase histories, and record and monitor damaged inventory. By properly tracking the lifespan of a textbook, a textbook tracking tool will save your staff time and make the fall registration process easier.
- With an online fundraising and contributions module, you can make collecting gifts and fee payments easier while also expanding your campaign reach. Increase your fundraising efforts by allowing staff, parents, students, and community people to donate to your school using easy and secure online contribution options. Donating to your school will be as simple as clicking a button, with everything from class or team campaign web pages to automatic tax-deductible receipts.
To assist your school in connecting and reconnecting with potential contributors and keeping them coming back to your website for additional information, make sure your school administration software package includes broadcast email features with its online fundraising and contributions module.
- Increase school revenue by selling books, supplies, goods, and other school-related things, utilizing a point of sale system with inventory management. A point of sale module will allow your employees to handle transactions swiftly and securely over the phone or at the counter. Your point of sale should be integrated with inventory management to automatically notify staff members when supplies are running short. The sale of products and tickets will enhance your earnings if you have access to the point of sale system.
The ability to connect each module to share data from a single central place, improve oversight and control, and boost communication among professors, staff, parents, and students is one of the most significant characteristics of a school administration software system.
To eliminate time-consuming, paper-based processes, your school administration software should automate your operations. Your staff will spend more time focused on its most essential job: educating kids if you choose a school software package that has these five must-have features.