It’s that time of the year when parents queue before schools of their choice seeking admission for their little ones in entry level classes. The admission process started for these classes in private unaided recognised schools of Delhi for the session 2020-21 began on Friday.
As per the directive from the Directorate of Education (DoE) –
- Schools to have uploaded criteria and point on their website by Thursday and forms to be made available by Friday
- Non-refundable Rs 25.00 can be charged from the parents as admission registration fee
- Purchase of school prospectus by parents to be made optional
- 25% seats shall be reserved for EWS/DG category students and children with special needs
- The last date to submit the application forms in schools is December 27, 2019
- The first list will be out on 24-1-20
- The second list will be out on 12-02-20
- Admission process will close by 16-03-20
- If there are to be any draw of lots, it will be done in the presence of the parents and they shall be informed well in advance by the school of same
- The draw of lots will be videographed and the footage to be retained by the school.
- No manual admission process for EWS/DG/Free ship category students. There shall be computerised draw of lots
- Minimum age for admission in Pre-school, Pre-Primary and class 1 should be 3 yrs, 4 yrs and 5 yrs respectively as on March 31st and the upper age limit for the same shall be 4yrs, 5 yrs and 6 yrs.
- No school can collect any capitation fee or donation from the parents at the time of admission
Source: Hindustan Times