The second session of the “YUva VIgyani KAryakram” (युविका) programme is scheduled to be held in May 2020 under Indian Space Research Organisation special programme for School Children. The programme will impart basic knowledge on Space Technology, Space Science and Space Applications so as to create awareness and arouse their interest in space activities.
This will be a two week programme from May 11-22, 2020 and shall include invited talks, experience sharing by eminent scientists, facility and lab visits, exclusive sessions for discussions with experts and feedback.
3 students from each state/UT will be selected to participate regardless of the ‘Board’ their school is affiliated with. 5 seats are reserved for OCI (Overseas Citizens of India) candidates across the country.
The selected students will report to any one of the ISRO/DOS centres located at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Shillong and Thiruvananthapuram.
- The student should be studying in class 9 in the current academic year (2019-20)
- The programme is to students studying in India including OCI
- The selection will be based on class 8 academic performance and extracurricular activities
How to Register
- Online registration at https://www.isro.gov.in/update/22-jan-2020/young-scientist-programme-2020-%E2%80%93-online-registration
- Registration will be open from Feb 03rd, 2020 and shall close on Feb 24th, 2020
- Provisional list of selected candidates will be released on 2nd March, 2020
- The selected candidates will then be required to upload attested copies of relevant documents on or before 23rd March, 2020
- Final list of selected candidates will be released on 30th March, 2020
- Boarding and lodging to selected students will be provided free of cost at ISRO guest houses/hostels
- Train travel expense of the student in II AC will be borne by ISRO
- Course material during the entire course duration will be provided free of cost
- II AC fare will also be provided to one guardian/parent for drop and pick up of students from the reporting centre.
For any further clarification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. Respond 080 2217 2269.
NoticeBard Educational Opportunities