One of the most important documents to be in one’s possession and will be relevant throughout life is your class 10 and 12 mark sheet. More so, as some of the institutes and offices accept it in lieu of birth certificate as well. Any mistakes in these documents can have grave consequences. God forbid, if this was to happen to anyone a panic attack is understandable. Correction of any spelling, factual, typographical error is not so difficult as perceived. 

  • Visit the admission department of your school.
  • Collect the admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission
  • The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission
  • A portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate.
  • The Board may effect necessary corrections after verification of the Original records of the school and on payment of certain prescribed fee.
  • Applications regarding the change in name/surname will be considered where such changes have been permitted by a Court of Law and notified in a Government Gazette. In the event of Court of Judicature allowing the change of name of a candidate, the same shall be carried out by the Board after obtaining relevant documents concerning the change of name published in an official gazette.

Source: India Today